Twitter Recent Posts Widget For Blogger Blogs

twitter-recent-post-widget- As I promised in my post on Feedburner Recent Posts Widget I am here to share the trick of adding a Twitter Recent Posts Widget. This widget will undoubtly add a pro touch to your blog, see it in action by Clicking Here! Many Newbie bloggers use a JavaScript Recent post widget to there blogs but to keep your blog distinct you must either choose Feedburner or Twitter. Twitter is a nice place to attract a huge traffic if used intelligently. Adding the twitter recent post widget will surely increase the number of your followers and indirectly the traffic to your blog. So now before wasting any more time, lets get to work!

This widget requires two things

  1. Sign up for twitter Feed 
  2. A twitter account ( Which is Obvious :D )

 

1.  Sign up for twitter Feed

For your latest posts to be shown in twitter widget you must submit your RSS feeds to a free web service called twitterfeed  They will post your latest blog posts along with the title and description in your twitter account for free! You just sit back and relax.

This is what you need to do,

1. Visit twitterfeed 

twitterfeed

2. Create an OPen ID to sign up for a twitterfeed account

OpenId is an Id just like your blogger Id that lets you log into thousand’s of web services without the need of signing up for an account. In short its a free ticket that lets you take a complete ride of thousands of remarkable websites that accept OpenId and luckily blogger and twitterfeed  is one of them.

3. Once you have created your OpenId, log into twitterfeed Then click on the button that says Create new Feed

twitterfeed1

A form is what you will see next,

twitter-feed-form

First and foremost click at the link saying Authenticate At Twitter This will tell twitter.com whether twitterfeed  is allowed to access your twitter account or not. After authenticating, fill up the form by following the steps below,

  • In RSS Feed URL type this,

http://tnt-by-stc.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Remember to replace the URL in red with your blog URL

You can also add your Feedburner Feed URL , which will look like this,

http://feeds2.feedburner.com/tntbystc

Again make sure to replace the text in red with your feed title

  • Set the Update Frequency to Every hour and Post up to to 1
  • Write your Blog title in the box next to Prefix each tweet with and check the box just below it
  • For Shorten Link through choose TinyURL
  • Finally check the box at bottom to activate your tweets
  • Hit Create and you are Done!

After your tweet feeds are activated you will see a page as shown below,

twitterfeed1

It will take 30 minutes or less for your feed status to be activated. During this time read further on how to get a Twitter widget for displaying your latest posts in it.

2. Visit twitter.com/widgets

twitter-for-blogger

You will have four options where you can add your twitter widget but since I share blogger Tips and tricks (TNT) I will go for blogger :)

Click Continue to set your twitter widget. You will come across a configuration page as shown below,select-settings-and-copy-tw

You have the choice of showing up to 20 posts on your widget but I would suggest just 5 for better page load time. I would also suggest not to give a title to this widget, we will give it a title later on.

You have two choices to add your cool looking twitter widget to your blog either by clicking the Add to blogger button or grab the code link. I love to add codes to my template myself so I will go for grab the code

Copy the code they provide you,

copy-the-code  Note:- Don’t worry about that Hot tip! I am here to take all that headache  :D

Log into your blogger account and go to Layout > Page Elements

Layout

Click on Add a gadget,

add-a-gadget

Choose HTML/JavaScript

html-javascript

 

Paste the code in this widget and give it a title like “Recent Posts” or “Latest Stories

And your are Done! with a beautiful and unique Recent posts widget like the one at this blog

Feel free to ask tough questions Come forward baby

If you don't want to get yourself into Serious Technical Trouble while editing your Blog Template then just sit back and relax and let us do the Job for you at a fairly reasonable cost. Submit your order details by Clicking Here »

9 comments

PLEASE NOTE:
We have Zero Tolerance to Spam. Chessy Comments and Comments with 'Links' will be deleted immediately upon our review.
  1. Gosh this looks great too. Will have to try this. Although I haven't quite figured out the value of Twitter. There are so many tweets, and they go away so fast, I can't see that many people see them. But that is just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh I agree Marg! Tweeter is becoming a spam spot. Many people follow you just without any reason. But this widget is not to attract visitors from twitter but this widget makes your blog look distinct from million of other blogs.
    I agree with 100o's of tweets on ones page, no one does rarely pay any heed to our tweets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy you I just made a discovery!

    I am a blogger myself and I knew about this widget before but I could never figure out a way to show my latest posts in it. I mean when I would stick it on my sidebar I could only see tweets that I would manually post and not automatic updates about my latest posts but thks to you I know came to know of teetfeed.com

    Great blog with great posts!

    Cheers,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sam


    Dude congress for that beautiful discovery :D

    thks for leaving cool remarks for my blog. You are always welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a note that I have noticed about the service. At times it takes a while for your feed to show up when you set it up. I waited until it did, and I just released a post on one of my blogs. I am anxious to see if the post shows up on Facebook and twitter now. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Hannah

    Thanks for reminding me, I had previously changed my twitter title from mustafastc to mybloggertricks. I have set the value so now everything is OK.

    The reason why it shows recent posts so lately is that you haven't set the update frequency of your twitter feed to daily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry I meant set update frequency to every hour

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great tool we use this on some of our clients pages most of our clients have received the beta wibiya toolbar which is great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen this recent posts on many blogs lately and I was wondering how this was possible. I thought it was because of a addon or widget and I am correct. I will add this to my blog too.

    ReplyDelete